Thursday, September 18, 2008

Perfect Blue Egg

No clue what kind of bird, here, lays this egg. For the last week and a half, though, we've seen it every time we walk by the tree it is under - even from a distance - oh, maybe ten or fifteen feet - I could see this egg. One day last week after The Kids and I got home from our walk, I jumped in the truck to go take pictures of the egg. Way cool! However, no matter what I did, I couldn't get the damn things to unload. The message that the computer gave me was something like "no file," or some such error... Yet, when I put the little "film thingy" in the camera - there they were - the pictures that would NOT download. [I try. I really, really do. But I am so technically challenged it is downright sad!] Anyway, as I was talking the pictures of the "Perfect Blue Egg" the first time, I drew the attention of some young man in his car - who stopped and parked right there - behind me - as I was taking the pictures, and then, a couple of young kids must have spied me, because they came out of their front door and watched me take the pictures. I figured for sure, after that, that the "Perfect Blue Egg" wouldn't be there the next day. But it was! And it has been there since. So yesterday, after our walk, I once again jumped in the truck to go take pictures of it. And, YAY!!! They "unloaded" onto the computer for me when I tried this morning.

4 comments:

  1. Are you sure it isn't a sugar coated almond? lolol....

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it is, it is one BIG sugar coated almond! But yes, it does look a little like a sugar coated almond, doesn't it. Haven't had those in ages, Khadijateri...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little thing is cute. Do you think it fell out of a nest?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No clue, Freddie. And no bird hovering around to protect it, either. I'm surprised that a lizard hasn't gotten to it and sucked out its contents. It was a completely whole, unbroken egg. I moved it, gently with a little stick, just to see if perhaps it was broken - but it wasn't. DH says that it is hot enough here to hatch eggs that are not being "laid on," but I don't know if he said that just because he knows I'm gullible that way or if he actually thinks that an egg could hatch that way.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter