Monday, November 03, 2008

Army of Workers for Lazy Americans

Last night was "Fantasy Football" night. I know one player's name. Two if you count one who is in jail. I could care less about football. How unAmerican is that!?! I didn't go for the football - I went for the food - and it was delicious. It was also a late night. I forgot to unlock the gate and unlock the side door for Inam this morning so the doorbell woke us. It was hardly his fault that he had to ring the doorbell since I didn't do what I was supposed to do. I got up out of bed to open the door for him and went right back to bed. A few minutes later the doorbell rang again. It was the pool guy - the back gate was double latched so he couldn't get in, either. And shortly after that Appuk [the gardener] and Hadar [Inam's brother] came to string wire across the back wall for the jacquemontia and bouganvilla. No doubt that they are all thinking, "Americans are lazy. The two that live in this household are still in bed!" Are we - the Americans that live here - or at least the two that live in our house - viewed as lazy by the workers from other countries? Probably.

I had a productive rest of the day even if my morning was lazy. There should be photos of The Pretty Princess posted here, but after fighting with the printer - which is where I stick the little "film thingy" to download them onto the computer - for over an hour, I gave up. The printer gave me a hard time last week, too, and I thought it was broken. [It was almost broken this afternoon! I wanted to pick it up and just hurl it. The green light goes on - then I click "download" and then I get a "device is empty" message.] We cannot have a broken printer! I need it too often. And I will never find the same one here to replace the one we have. There are 12 printer cartridges that need to be used before the printer can break! I will have DH play with it later to see if he can get my pictures to down load. The man has a heck of a lot more patience than I do when it comes to this kind of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter