Thursday, February 05, 2009

Challenging P-I-T-A, This Stupid Computer!

Why? Why?? WHY?!? Something that is probably so easy has to be so challenging, to me. Eons ago, when we still lived in New Hampshire, the early 90's, we got our first computer. A Packard Bell. Dear Son - who was probably nine or ten at the time - and I unloaded the box, and got out all the components and were hooking things up. I had the manual in my hand. It wasn't a manual. It was a text book. I started on page one. Put this cable here and connect it to... An hour or so later I was on page 40 and still hooking the computer and it peripherals up. DS, said, "Mom you don't have to do that. All you have to do is this." Ten minutes later he was playing on the computer. I would have been up all night installing everything just like the book said and probably still would not have had the thing up and running.

We got a new printer a couple of months ago. Something happened to the computer when we DH hooked it up. Now, when I go to load pictures on the computer, it takes them - but when I try to click on them - I get error messages. I don't know what is going on with it. I have to shut the entire computer down and restart it to get it to work again. I'm sure it is probably a simple "fix" that any nine or ten-year-old could take care of. Me? Ut-uh. Technically challenged and I get so frustrated with it! It is a pain in the ass [P-I-T-A], is what it is!!! And I just don't have the patience for it like I used to. [Did I ever have patience? No. I don't think so. I have a lot less now.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter