Thursday, March 11, 2010

A struggle to make ends meet. With a maid.

Really pretty hard to feel any sympathy for this woman. She is a twice divorced woman with children - kind of sort of - she gets custody of them until they are seven years old, at which time they go to their father. She is working as a sales agent and makes 5,000 SR a month. That is $1,336.89. She says, "I suffer a lot from people who look down on me working..." A telling statement, there. You know what? In the rest of the "real" world, most women work. I was a divorced single mother. I worked. Sometimes two jobs to make ends meet. I don't know whether or not people looked down on me for that, but I know I wasn't on welfare and never asked for someone else - city, state or country - to take care of me and pay my way. [Unlike Sarah Dustin! The "poster" woman for welfare benefits in N.H. many years ago.] Here's the thing, though. Look at her expenses. Listed first is the 1,500 she pays for a maid. Seems to me that if she got rid of her maid she'd be 1,500 a month richer and wouldn't have to struggle so hard to make ends meet. The 2,000 a month for a driver? You can count on paying for a driver - since Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world where women are not allowed to drive... Struggling to make ends meet. With a maid. Laughable. And hardly worthy of any sympathy.

I must be running low on energy or patience or something. Just don't have it in me, today, to put the usual amount of "snark" into this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter