Thursday, March 25, 2010

Surgery

Glad I had it done before the debacle known as the Health Care Bill passed. I didn't get the tummy tuck. Call me chicken. I'm going to get a personal trainer when I get home and work on the tummy that way. I knew there was just no way I could take the pain. The breast lift and "pluff" has been painful enough. But at least I can finally move my arms enough to type. I don't know what I expected - but I didn't expect the pain. Duh! Of course it didn't help that I had an allergic reaction to the painkillers that were originally prescribed. Just made everything worse.

My Dear Mother, who was a nurse, has been lovingly taking care of me for the last week. I will owe her big time for all she has done. I had the surgery done on Friday, the 19th of March. I had to be at the hospital for 6:30A and we were home by 2:00P. Can't sleep in a bed yet - can't lay down. Sleeping in a recliner and that has actually been quite comfortable. Let's see... What else. Showering has been interesting. Cannot wash my own hair. Cannot use a blow dryer. Cannot lift anything - nothing. Cannot laugh [or sneeze or cough]. Made the mistake of visiting Matthew's place yesterday and was in pain for an hour afterward [laughter - the man DOES have a way with words!].

Going today for my first post-op follow up visit. I'm not sure if the stitches will come out today or not.

Have to say that prior to getting all the drugs at the hospital - WakeMed in Cary, N.C. - I had discussions with several nurses and none of them are supportive of the jugearedjackass's plan for reparations in the form of health care. Glad I am not a tanning bed tanner. Taxes on tanning facilities went into place immediately after the bill was signed. Also have to say that I have never seen such an efficiently run hospital - medical facility - in my life [not that I've had much experience - I don't get sick very often and I can't recall the last time I was a patient in a hospital - 1981 when I gave birth to my son?]. Have nothing but positive praise for the treatment I received at WakeMed. If you are going to have to have surgery - elective or not - and you are in the Raleigh area, go to WakeMed in Cary to have it done!

I have an excellent doctor - and so far I am thrilled with the results! Has all the pain been worth it? Yes. I do believe it has been! I'll know better as the healing progresses. But, so far, so good. Back to regular blogging soon.

8 comments:

  1. I hear he's taxing tampons. TAMPONS for cryin' out loud.

    Now he's basically taxing the female menstrual cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you recover fully! I must admit I love reading your blog... and don't comment much. The interesting thing is, I always initially want to disagree with you on many of your topics as i come here to see what the 'other' side has to say (political posts)... but I find myself agreeing with what you have to say on some topics by the end of your post.. u kinda have me reeled in... lol

    Anyway, do get better! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are not cutting up your stomache. Plenty of gymnasium-type pain ahead of you, but that's a good pain. Happy healing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, thanks. You made that sound like visitn my site was going to be a painful experience, and not that the pain was caused by excessive laughter.

    Hope you feel better, Sabra. And Cary (Containment-Are-for-Relocated-Yankees)is a nice place, even though I live din Charlotte, I would often visit. I remember it well -- pariticularly because of a certain blonde barmaid with a birthmark someplace extra-special. Ah, those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are doing well. I'm not sure what all is involved in a boob lift. I was dreading the tummy tuck for you, glad you decided not to have it. Sometimes the results are so small you can't even realize you have had anything done.

    Just power walking on a treadmill will trim the waste, tummy and thighs. Get some 3 pound hand weights and use those while you are walking.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pictures! I want pictures!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter