Sunday, July 12, 2009

Commenting Problems

Have now gotten three e-mails that there are problems with posting comments. No wonder no one has commented in the last four days! I hope I have "fixed" the problem. I probably haven't, though. I just did some edits to my settings - but they are nothing different than what I had before. No clue what is going on. I am VERY technically challenged. Y'all KNOW that!

Someone please try it again - just leave a comment that says "Test" or something so I know if it is working or not.

If it is not working... perhaps it is time to move to another domain. And even pay for my spot. Or something.

And just so that we are clear on one thing - which, by the way, is totally off topic - if you want to blog and make money - fine by me. Do what you have to do. But I, personally, cannot stand going to one of the blogs I like and seeing that it is running a pledge drive. "Help this blog stay alive. Please donate." No. Not going to do it. Not going to donate. And, not going to EVER do something like that here. [Not that it would get me anywhere - I'm plankton in the sea of bloggers! It is just the point. I can appreciate that there are some blogs out there that should be paid blogs. I can think of one in particular that should be. Just one. Okay, two. But I think Michelle Malkin makes money off her syndicated column. I very much resent going to a blog and seeing that blogger ask for money. Not that you are not worthy - you probably are - but that isn't what THIS (blogging) is supposed to be about. Not in my book, anyway. The day I have to request donations or put a pay-pal thingy on my blog is the day I am done blogging. Promise.]

7 comments:

  1. I tried commenting the other day and couldn't. Figured it was my machine. Let's see if this works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "O Crackers," said the vermindust,
    "You've had a pleasant run!
    Shall we be trotting home again?'
    But answer came there none--
    And this was scarcely odd, because
    He'd eaten every one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay will give it a go
    testing........
    hope it works.....I would miss your blog I enjoy it
    BW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog on Google reader usually, but the other day when I clicked on the link it said that the page requested did not exist even though it showed up on Google Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've taken the "word verification" off and it seems to be working, now.

    Chip - amazingly - sometimes I cannot get to my own blog! I've had the screen that the page doesn't exist come up too. Who knows what is going on with my blog!??

    ReplyDelete
  6. The problem was with the word verification, I have seen the same on a few blogs over the last couple of days. When the word came up to verify it only showed half of it with no text box, I am sure it will be fine now ...

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter