Thursday, October 15, 2009

Trilock, the Pool Guy, Is Gone

For good. Found out late yesterday when Rev came over to see the dirty pool. I asked him how long Trilock would be gone gone - on vacation - and when he would be back. Rev said that Trilock is not coming back because he was too much trouble for the company.

Now I feel even worse about his leaving. Didn't get the chance to say goodbye and thank you.

For all of his issues - and there really was something wrong with him - he did a good job cleaning our pool for two years. I feel sorry for him. I'm sure I've said it before, but the man has had a heck of a hard life. His mother died when he was a young child - he was eight years old. I don't know how many other siblings he had, or what his dad had to do to raise the family. I do know that he is going to have it much worse, now, going back to India, where he obviously could not find a job, or he never would have come here.

I wish you well, Trilock...

It is also worth saying that for all of Rev's faults, there is some good in the man. He has a crew of misfits working for him - men that no one else will hire - and Rev takes care of them. He makes sure that they have transportation to and from work on our compound, he makes sure that they have housing, and he hires them so they have a way to make a living. I do have to give him credit for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter