Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Glorious Labor Day Weekend

We just spent the most picture-perfect weekend at Ocean Isle Beach in North Carolina with my Mom and a group of friends. The weather could not have been better. It was incredible - bright blue sky with lots and lots and lots of sunshine - which helped my chigger bites tremendously! I do believe I am finally done scratching. Phew. That only took a week or so... DH and his buddies played golf both Saturday and Sunday while everyone else spent time in the sun on the beach. Honestly, I couldn't have asked for anything more all weekend - it was beyond perfect - and the bar has now been set to a height that will be difficult to obtain for furture Labor Day weekend gatherings.

It is clearly Fall, here. This morning, outside, it is 62 degrees! Crisp. Cold! A big difference from last week's weather - and a huge difference in what the weather will be for us when we get home. We leave soon and will be home in time for all but the very beginning of Ramadan. Not a time I particularly enjoy in the Sandbox, but DH likes being there for Ramadan. Perhaps next year I'll work the vacation schedule just a bit differently - and I will remain in the States for the duration of Ramadan. But, that is a long way off and too much to think about right now.

In the meantime, I am going to enjoy my coffee with Bailey's this morning; enjoy drinking Bloody Mary's after lunch; and a bottle of Sterling Cabernet with dinner. But more importantly, enjoy spending time with my Mom before we say goodbye. Leaving is always bitter-sweet. You want to get home - it is difficult to live out of a suitcase for three and a half weeks - you want your own "stuff" like your own bed - and I miss my Kids terribly. Yet, leaving family is not easy, either, and you want to stay just a little longer... Bitter-sweet. But back to real-life. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter