Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cadillac Station Wagon, GM & Health Care

Years ago I had a Taurus station wagon. It was a GREAT car. Yeah, I know as weird as this sounds, it was a "cool" car. When the Taurus finally died I got a Volvo wagon. The old shape - square, boxy. We sold the Volvo before heading to the Sandbox seven years ago. It was the first time I ever cried over a car. I hated to see it go. [I still miss it!]

I saw an advertisement for a Cadillac station wagon. What? Cadillac makes a station wagon? Really? Gee. Only costs some $38,000 plus - that is for the low-end model, starting price, without "options." For a car. Checked it out, here.

I was scrolling through the site just to see what the deal was with it [mostly I want to know what color it comes in and I could care less about what is under the hood - just make it "go"]. I got to this page. A fire extinguisher costs $5,233.00?! Is that a typo? It has to be. Right? And a first aid kit costs $4,187.00? The reflective triangle costs $2,929.00. Am I so out of touch at this point having lived in the Sandbox for so long that I just don't know the "real" cost of things, there, in the States, lately? Roadside assistance is $12,870.00. How much is an AAA membership? Isn't that one of the reasons you become a member of AAA, for roadside assistance? I know it has got to be a heck of a lot less than $12,870!

No. There is not a chance I would ever pay those prices for any of those things. A fire extinguisher at the fire extinguisher store costs about $40.00. Even the most expensive first aid kit at Target only costs $329.99 - and one can be purchased for a whole lot less than that, even. A quick search turned up a reflective roadside "triangle" for $18.00!

Good grief. What is up with the prices as shown at Cadillac? This is all part of the jeja's foray into the car industry with Cadillac being a part of GM. And he wants to convince us that health care is going to be less expensive under his plan? Yeah. Right. If you believe that one, I have a Sand Castle I want to sell you.

4 comments:

  1. Cadillac has made a station wagon for a long time, it's the car many take their last ride in. A hearse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew?! I certainly didn't. Thanks, Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a few Saudi Arabia blogs and yours is the only one which actually mentions Haiti. For the others it seems Haiti doesn't matter at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prices are more reasonable when i look at the cadilac site, like $75 for the whole roadside saftey kit. I suspect the website is reading your IP adress and listing in saudi riyals or even indian rupees, but sticking with the dollar sign.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter