Monday, October 19, 2009

Blogging will be light. I've got new books!

The shipment is here. More on that in a later post - spent the morning at Customs in Dammam. Forgot to take the camera - not that it would matter since the computer is giving me such a hard time downloading pictures and them putting them on posts [which is why there haven't been any in quite a long time].

New reading material. Always - always - always a very good thing!!! What is really too bad is that tanning season is basically over. And now, while the weather is cooler, is the time to be doing inside projects. Along with the clean the garage [again] type projects. If I could just learn to knit while I'm reading, though... My Mom can do it. I'm sure Warrior Knitter can, too. I'm not quite there.

Fall, winter and early spring reading:

Against Medical Advice, James Patterson
The Big Black Lie, Kevin Johnson
Big Russ & Me, Tim Russert
Blood River, Tim Butcher
Blood Sport, James B. Stewart
Catastrophe, Dick Morris
Common Sense, Glenn Beck
Culture of Corruption, Michelle Malkin
The Falcon and the Snowman, Robert Lindsey
Gratitude, William F. Buckley, Jr.
The Housing Boom and Bust, Thomas Sowell
The Human Factor, Ishmael Jones
Liberal Fascism, Jonah Goldberg
Lights Out, Mark Steyn
Little Pink House, Jeff Benedict
The Mind at Work, Mike Rose
On Hitler's Mountain, Irmgard A. Hunt
Ordeal by Hunger, George R. Stewart
Prisoners of the Japanese, Gavan Daws
The Right Man, David Frum
To Save a Boy, A.D. Peacock
You Got Nothing Coming, Jimmy Lerner

The list doesn't include the books I hand carried home from the States. I'm going to be busy. What to read first, though. That IS the question?!? Decisions. Decisions. Maybe I'll read them just like I listed them. As soon as I finish reading The Israeli Secret Service, I'll start Against Medical Advice.

P.S. The list is alphabetized by title, here. On my bookshelves everything is alphabetized by author... Just let one book get put back in the wrong order. I can practically smell when that happens.

3 comments:

  1. Little Pink House, Jeff Benedict
    This looks good. I have my own pile of books on that chair over there, and i usually read the ones that fall on the floor first. That would be last month's issue of Analog, i think....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read "Against Medical Advice", James Patterson. I read all of his books and have already read that one. It's great. You won't want to put it down.

    Deborah F. Hamilton
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. "my bookshelves everything is alphabetized by author"

    OMG, me too!

    I would be interested to know what you hand carried back to the sandbox.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter