Friday, October 02, 2009

I Was Missed.

It was so sweet. This morning I went to The Commissary for the first time in about six weeks. We need everything. Our babysitter / house-sitter stocks us with the basics before our return - milk, orange juice, eggs and bread. But that doesn't do much for entire meals. I didn't have to cook yesterday - DH went to have hamburgers and hot dogs with his golf buddies last night [phew!], but I know I am going to have to make dinner tonight. I managed to get a full night's sleep last night for the first time since we've been home, so I had no excuse. Showered, threw on shorts and a t-shirt and headed out.

All the guys - the regulars that wait on me and work there - from one of the assistant managers, the man at the bakery counter who makes the bread with labna, the guy at the coffee counter who grinds kilos of coffee for me and the young men who wheel my cart to my truck noticed I have been gone. Each one of them asked me how I was, and if I had a good vacation. The one young man who most often wheels my cart to my truck and unloads my groceries for me said, "Nice to see you again, Madam."

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! You were missed here too! Hope you got everything accomplished that you wanted to while you were stateside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was nice of em. You were missed around here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back,

    I am regular lurker, delurking just to say hello...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kat, Dick and Rasputin!

    It is always good to be home, again. [Okay. Yeah, well, kinda sorta. But for the time being, this is home.]

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter