Friday, January 30, 2009

Almost Comical

If I had any drawing talent at all - which I don't - I'd be doing a cartoon strip for this. "Housemaids cast 55 sorcery spells." Not a joke, though. Apparently people really believe this kind of thing is possible. That a housemaid can cast a spell that will make someone sick enough to be hospitalized for two months and put others into a coma. I can't help but just shake my head in utter disbelief, and mutter "you've got to be kidding" to myself.

Really. The people who fall for this crap deserve it. No sane, rational person would believe that a housemaid could cast a spell that would put someone in a coma.

6 comments:

  1. maybe a widespread belief that servants can/will punish abusive or exploitative employers would be a good thing!

    ~ShyAsrai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good point, ShyAsrai!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts exactly. Thus i offered this comment to the Gazzette:


    "Don't blame Suma Rini for being such an ineffective amature. Is hard to get the basic materials over there. With a bit of Church Bell Grease and coffin nails she could have done some real damage. At least she was industrious enough to weave a 40 cache spell web: that shows real dedication to the arts."

    It's difficult to proofread in a tiny window, so i misspelled iniffective for them. Not that it will be published, but i really feel bad about my poor grammar. Spells don't work when you spell the names wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll keep an eye out for it and will let you know if I see it in the paper, Vermindust.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment says it all:

    'If you guys who have commented on this article are Muslims,then this really is a shameful reaction from Muslim ummah.Don’t you read Quran?Is there nothing written about magic and jinn in our holy book?Being a Muslim one can’t deny the existence of Jinn and black magic.Even Prophet Mohammad (P.B.U.H) went through black magic bewitchment & was ONLY CURED by his Prayers to Allah. If you are finding cure from Quran then I see no harm in it. Yeah in case you are a non-believer,you can talk like this.'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to go back and read the comments, Lynn. There have been no letters published in the papers about this.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter