Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The First Hibiscus

The Kids, DH and I take our daily jaunt through our compound and every day I say, "Look at those hibiscus! How come all of the other bushes are in full bloom and we haven't even got buds?" Yesterday I saw that we did, in fact, have ONE flower. Isn't it pretty?

Are these flowers I would plant anywhere else? No. I don't think so. I'm not a "red" person - especially this color red - but the blooms are so brilliant in the sea of tan and gray, here, that you can't help but notice them. The bushes along the walk have buds, so we'll have more flowers soon. I will not let Appuk trim them until they are done flowering - if he had his way - there would be nothing but some green leaves cut in a nice neat rectangular shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter